• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minn/CHC trade
(10-14-2010, 09:30 PM)AndyP Wrote: Irish, can you ask Minnesota to explain himself a bit?

tonight is the first night I have seen him back on chat, I will mention it to him.
Cubs GM 2010-2021
2017 & 2019 World Champions
LAA GM 2022-2035
2028, 2029, 2032 and 2034 World Champions
After getting Webb, I had six quality pitchers in my rotation, so I had to make room for one. I figured I'd try to shop around Gibson to see what I could get. My offense is pretty much set, so all I really needed was bullpen help (Ii) I was planning on throwing Turner in my IF slot and trying to trade Weeks, but apparently that's harder than I thought. I also didn't realize that I could grant Gibson arby, I thought I had to resign him this time so I figured might as well get something for him than nothing. This was the first offer I heard for him and I thought it was pretty good so I just pulled the trigger, maybe a little quickly.
I'm going to veto based on this right here:

"I also didn't realize that I could grant Gibson arby"

Changes the complexion of the GM's motivation. Even in debt Gibson isn't going anywhere.
I will veto I still think SP > RP all the time you can talk to Andy or NYY to even prove this with me. So that is my biggest issue, as for other reasons, by reading Minneosta's last post it seems as if he had more time to think about he may not be willing to do it. However, if the two of you decide to just fix this deal a tad and both of you feel it is fair again and are willing to do it then my vote may be swayed, but this is not nearly as bad in my opinion as the Mauer one. Both of which I have vetoed.

Now logic wise I agree with both Andy and DJ on their thoughts on the deal. And in combination with Jordan where he said Gibson and Mauer > Webb & Montero

I think Gibson and Mauer > Webb and Ramos even, which makes it vetoable to me.

Sorry GoIrish.

I strongly believe that Mauer deal should be vetoed, and so I think if this deal is vetoed than the other one should be as well.
Hokey, it appears the other deal has 3 votes to approve, so that should go through. What is your stance if that goes through?

I have made the concession that I should give more and I am more than willing to give 6M to take him out of the red.
Cubs GM 2010-2021
LAA GM 2022-2035
(10-14-2010, 10:10 PM)AndyP Wrote: I'm going to veto based on this right here:

"I also didn't realize that I could grant Gibson arby"

Changes the complexion of the GM's motivation. Even in debt Gibson isn't going anywhere.

Andy, unless he gets his team out of debt, he cannot grant Gibson arby after this season. Teams in a negative cannot resign or arb their players.
Cubs GM 2010-2021
LAA GM 2022-2035
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »