• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unfair trades
Im also against having strong trade mods in this league. Idk the stats but a lot of trades were forced to be reworked by the mods from what i've seen. TO me and me alone I dont like it when mods become babysitters of teams which I think on occasion happens here.
You have to look at it from our perspective. We want this place to last forever so we cannot have debilitating trades.
:min2: GM
I'm pretty sure we all want this place to last forever lol. but while I'm here, I want to get the feeling that we have our own decisions to make regarding our own teams.
You may be confident in your own decisions, but so was the schmuck selling Strasburg for nothing to the Yankees and other teams. There are several teams in this league that have been run into the ground by bad trades taht should have been vetoed - Detroit, Washington, and St. Louis come to mind. And as a result - we've had a ton of turnover in those three teams for exactly that reason. Empty teams kill leagues, adding more teams to that list would be a fast way to kill the league.

As DJ pointed out, the vetos are not that frequent. No one is stopping you from running your team how you want - we're stopping you from running another team into the ground in the process. Acquire whoever you want, just do it fairly.
Detroit ran into the ground? I seem to recall them fighting for a playoff spot last year.
(09-30-2010, 10:18 PM)mike Wrote: Detroit ran into the ground? I seem to recall them fighting for a playoff spot last year.

We haven't had success keeping a GM there for a reason.
or maybe they were just lazy. I took KC who had basically no good specs and made them good. y couldnt they do the same. Its not the team its the mangement.
(09-30-2010, 10:22 PM)mike Wrote: or maybe they were just lazy. I took KC who had basically no good specs and made them good. y couldnt they do the same. Its not the team its the mangement.

Which is why you don't let dumb management make any decision they want. Which is why you need mods - the point exactly!
Yes, stopping teams from getting $4M for a pair of players & forcing them to accept a max of $3,395,284.58 for those players will certainly stop the turnover
NYY GM (2010-2017):
791-507 (.610)
4-time ALCS Champs
2014 World Series Champs
(09-30-2010, 10:21 PM)AndyP Wrote:
(09-30-2010, 10:18 PM)mike Wrote: Detroit ran into the ground? I seem to recall them fighting for a playoff spot last year.

We haven't had success keeping a GM there for a reason.

ever since my pal Josh ran them, and brought them to the world series, the Tigers have been a revolving door of GMs, and because of that they have gone in a downward spiral.

[Image: PittsburghPirates.jpg] GM  2010-2017:  572-724  .441 W%
        Best Year: 2015: 86-76 (3rd NL Cent)
Yankees GM: 2019-2022ish
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »