• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre-Draft File
Here's the Roster Notes:

NOTE: My Rookies.ini file is set to defaults, as opposed to Scotties which are not. That automatically lead to a different talent distribution at different positions. (IE It generated fewer 1B/DH types and more SP like normal). Position distribution is random IRL anyways so this shouldn't be an issue.

Change aging randomness from +10% to -20%

Perceived Results:
-Didn't affect the average peak start issue
-But I noticed a much more normal Peak Start to Peak End range (4-7 years as opposed to seemingly random ranges)
-These results remained consisten across 5-10 repopulated draft classes.

Kept Aging Randomness setting and changed Peak Start & End from +10% to +20%

Perceived Results:
-Virtually no players peaking below 24 years old
-Upon further repopulations it seems that increasing both has led to too many people peaking in their late 20s as opposed to mid 20s.

Kept Aging Randomness and Peak End settings but lowered Peak Start from +20% back to +10%

Perceived Results:
-Much better as far as peak start being too late. Peak end stayed relatively similar.
-The more I regen the populations with these settings the more I'm of the opinion having the peak end higher impacts the peak star age more simply because it doesn't allow for 10-12 years of peak for any players really. (On a side note, would somebody please run some tests on a different file to confirm this. Pretty please w/ a cherry on top! PM me if you do or reply to this thread)
-Most seem to peak around 25 or 26 (From what I recall from analyzing Chris Burke waaaaay too much back in the day studies seem to show that players have their best year at age 27 which would seem to indicate they peak around 26 or even 27 if you consider their best statistical year their true "peak" year). Based mostly upon that mind set and the fact we've experienced a lot of frustration by erring on the other side I think these are the ideal settings.

Lastly-----

The best way to test these out would be for you to create a new file w/ a similar number of players in the total population (the default new game file will work fine if you adjust the % of 90s and 80s rated/peak players to what we have on the league file and sim ahead one year to allow the game to adjust) and the same settings and generating draft classes. For the sake of eliminating any possible variables make sure that file date is June 1st since the game will adjust prospects throughout the year.

If you can do this and compare you're perceived results to what I posted here we can get a much larger sampler size and hopefully, a much more accurate idea of whether or not this works.

I hope this makes the file more realistic if you feel anything I did worked against that principal feel free to sound off :)

(ALSO, as promised all players w/ 50s injuries were upped 10 points so they were still "injury prone" but not completely broken unless they continue to get hurt in your system. This decision is also open for debate. I didn't make any changes I didn't notate here)

Total Players w/ 50s health: 19

Attached Files
.mog   First Class Mogul Season 3.mog (Size: 3.96 MB / Downloads: 20)
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
Draft Editor still needs to be used on draft order
NYY GM (2010-2017):
791-507 (.610)
4-time ALCS Champs
2014 World Series Champs
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »