Poll: Should Type B FA's be represented by an Agent?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
7.69%
1 7.69%
No
61.54%
8 61.54%
Yes but only for players rated 88
0%
0 0%
Yes but only for players rated 89
7.69%
1 7.69%
Yes but only for players rated 88 AND 89
23.08%
3 23.08%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Type B Agents
I think it's been discussed before, but I just want to put the suggestion out there. 89 overall players can be just as good as 91 or 92 overall guys and cost 1/3 of the price. Kind of lopsided there. Also if we were to implement it, should there be a cost limit to the type B players? The new compensation thing was a bust, but I think it's safe to agree that agents for type B guys, or Agents for guys that are just 88 and 89 overall would be a good suggestion.
We don't have the time. Unless someone wants to step up and do it
Step up and do what? Be the player agent? I'll do it no problem, you know I can always help the league.
I voted yes but I'd settle for just the 88 and 89 rated players. It wouldn't add that much more work and if you already have a volunteer then I wouldn't see a problem.
No responses for the No's?
I voted yes but only for players rated 88 and 89. Although I also see a problem with this though if agents start asking for large contracts from these type of players. These players can be good players but they are also more suited as role players, not superstars.

Jeff Francoeur is 89, but if the agent wanted David Wright type money then he would be a free agent in a heart beat.
That's the thing, they will have lesser contracts because they aren't 90+. I'm willing to do the agent job.
Right now we have 5 for the idea and 3 not for it.
Well the lack of resounding no's makes me feel good about how I've handled the agent process to date. I'm down but I'd like somebody else to play that agent if possible since I shouldn't have a monopoly on those decisions. I've already outsourced Boras, so if we have a volunteer and the league feels the system works then I'm fine with it (I voted 88/89 to have agents)
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
Idk, if the guys here in the league are fine with me as an agent then yea. If they'd like someone else that wouldn't be any problem. The rule is a good one to be implemented and that's what I'm aiming for.
come on bro, no explanation for the No's? Seriously?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »