• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
League Update - MUST READ
Sean, matty, and I have been talking about a number of issues. So before you read any further I hope to communicate one thing very clearly in this post: We want this league to thrive, survive, and be a ton of fun for all of us. Every decision made, every comment here, and every future issue will be driven by that vision.

First, on GMs:

Hokey has been an enormous part of the success here at FCM. Unfortunately, time has changed what is best for the league and he has stepped down as an admin and mod. The Romero situation is settled, done, and over with. As a league we need to move on, put things behind us, and continue. I hope everyone views Hokey the way they should - as a key part in why this league has been great. For any other mistakes, that still remains true.

Mike is returning. I've made my opinions very known about mike - good guy, great GM, but his own worst enemy. But he and I have exchanged words, come to an understanding, and all three of us are content welcoming him back as Detroit's new GM. Much of the understandings we've come to are going to be expectations I have for the league as a whole:

Suggestions are awesome! We're a league full of smart, seasoned, dedicated GMs. Best I've ever been a part of and it isn't close. However, sometimes our openness about suggestions causes a lot of arguing. So here is what I ask:

If you have a suggestion, before you do anything else, think this: Is what I want good for the LEAGUE. Not myself, not anyone else, but the future of the league. If you can honestly answer "yes" - then approach me, matty, or Sean. Talk to us about it - but don't just say "well this would be sweet". Have reasons to support your suggestion, data to support it, or something other than your own personal opinion. If we think it is something that the rest of the GMs should weigh in on - we'll ask you to post a thread in suggestions.

Note here that not all suggestions are going to be taken seriously. Myself and everyone else here has our moments where what we suggest is just plain dumb, but we get so behind what we want that we lose sight of why we're suggesting something and it turns into a shouting match rather than a brainstorm.

Case in point - We are talking right now about how to handle stadium upgrades or rebuilding projects. There are a multitude of ways we could do this. With 30 minds here - let's brainstorm in suggestions and figure out a plan that works. Bring your own ideas, borrow from others, or do whatever - but let's come up with a great way to do this.

On the other hand, I will use compensation as an example. When we discuss this as a group we end up arguing about it. It's not a brainstorming issue because we only have a few options to choose from. In situations like that - matty, Sean, and I are going to make the decision. We may ask for a few outside opinions but we aren't polling the league and we aren't going to start a shit-storm about it. We're just going to do what's best for the league. Period. We want the extra voices, but we'd rather reduce conflict with changes than let everything go willy-nilly. If you feel you are being wronged by not having a voice - you will simply get the reasons for why it changed, an apology you don't like it, but the discussion will be over. Don't whine about this - again, reducing the number of conflict points is best for the league. If you have a serious concern, again, bring it up with us privately.

Here is what is changing:

1) Comp is going to one round. No As and Bs - total value of the contract determines order. Comp round will be between rounds 1 and 2.

2) We are indefinitely removing agents. All incentives will be grandfathered in as part of the previous deals, they will not be an option going forward. All contracts will be signed in-game and honor in-game NTCs.

IF you wish to buy-out a NTC you must do so at the cost of 20% of the player's remaining contract.

If for some reason the game has a ridiculous signing demand (it happens) talk to an admin, we'll decide those on a case-by-case basis.

3) Matty has stadium adjustments handled and posted, please be aware of that change.

4) We will be adding a 13th sim to end the 20+ day final sim. This will mean 5 sims after the deadline which will be roughly 12 day sims at a time. Hopefully this helps intensify playoff runs down the stretch. (I may, if I'm feeling nice, even do a live final week! I've always wanted to...not really a rule...long post...digressing)

This will slightly change the set schedule, but really it just bumps the playoff sim to a Friday, Resignings on Sunday, and a 10 day offseason.

I think that's all! Let's get back to having fun and enough of all this nonsense....and get back to seeing if you can beat the mighty Jays ya jerks!
World Champion 2018, 2021, 2026, 2030, 2035, 2037, 2039
AL Champion 12 times
FCM Best Record-Holder - 121-41 2028
Overall Record: 3530-1978 .641%
I would like to mention some of the other smaller change that have been done.

1. Winterball no longer has an age requirement.

2. NTCs will now follow the same guidelines.

3. Players acquired via waivers in September are now eligible for the playoffs (unless they are rated 90+).

4. Stadium Upgrade Guidelines have slightly changed from what I originally posted.

These changes have been made to ease up on how strict certain aspects have been and to make things more enjoyable for everyone. Please check the appropriate forum for stickied, updated rules.
Cle

Cleveland Record5304-4625 (.534) [2054-2071, 2083-2104, 2110-2131]
AL Post: 15 (ALC), 11 (WC) - ALDS Win: 11 - ALCS Champ: 6 - WS Champ: 3

ALW: Mariners + Angels Record: 1072-864 (.554) [2042-2048, 2105-2110]
AL Post: 3 (ALW), 4 (WC) - ALDS Win: 3 - ALCS Champ: 1 - WS Champ: 1

NLW: Rockies + Padres Record: 3230-2753 (.540) [2017-2042, 2072-2082]
NL Post: 18 (NLW), 4 (WC) - NLDS Win: 7 - NLCS Champ: 4 - WS Champ: 0
3. Players acquired via waivers in September are now eligible for the playoffs (unless they are rated 90+).

uhh sorry to be a negative nancy but this is a terrible rule. this was outlawed long ago for non competitors selling out to playoff teams right before the playoffs, this is no way encourages good gm'ing
World Champs: 2071, 2106, 2108
agree with pete
"We may ask for a few outside opinions but we aren't polling the league and we aren't going to start a shit-storm about it. We're just going to do what's best for the league. Period. We want the extra voices, but we'd rather reduce conflict with changes than let everything go willy-nilly. If you feel you are being wronged by not having a voice - you will simply get the reasons for why it changed, an apology you don't like it, but the discussion will be over. Don't whine about this - again, reducing the number of conflict points is best for the league. If you have a serious concern, again, bring it up with us privately."

How does that help the league by giving the league hardly any voice? I thought dictatorships are bad for leagues as mostly even among 3 people can be biased instead of asking people in a non all league voice like this post thread is sugesting, i'll ask again how is 3 people or a group of people the admins trust best for the league in changing things and not all league opinion? This is sounding disheartning to me and more like a dictatorship than a league
Nyy gm
like it or not
2024-2030 braves gm
2031 as yankees gm
[Image: PiazzaBIG-100.gif]
revenge is sweet

(08-08-2012, 05:16 PM)piazza31 Wrote: "We may ask for a few outside opinions but we aren't polling the league and we aren't going to start a shit-storm about it. We're just going to do what's best for the league. Period. We want the extra voices, but we'd rather reduce conflict with changes than let everything go willy-nilly. If you feel you are being wronged by not having a voice - you will simply get the reasons for why it changed, an apology you don't like it, but the discussion will be over. Don't whine about this - again, reducing the number of conflict points is best for the league. If you have a serious concern, again, bring it up with us privately."

How does that help the league by giving the league hardly any voice? I thought dictatorships are bad for leagues as mostly even among 3 people can be biased instead of asking people in a non all league voice like this post thread is sugesting, i'll ask again how is 3 people or a group of people the admins trust best for the league in changing things and not all league opinion? This is sounding disheartning to me and more like a dictatorship than a league

The government makes choices we have no say over everyday. It's not a dictatorship Piazza, so stop being so dramatic. The majority of GMs trust Andy, Matty and Sean to make the correct decision for the least, because the majority of GMs don't have the time to address every need of the league.
fine dictatorship wasnt the right word this league is china:P my point was on major decisions the gms should have a say
Nyy gm
like it or not
2024-2030 braves gm
2031 as yankees gm
[Image: PiazzaBIG-100.gif]
revenge is sweet

Agree with Peter and DLee. There is a reason major league baseball does not allow it, and we shouldn't either for the same reasons.

Sdp
(08-07-2012, 07:17 PM)AndyP Wrote: If you have a serious concern, again, bring it up with us privately.

I think that this is something that should be used Piazza. If you have a concern about it talk to one of the three admins privately about it. I have no issues with the league making changes that will better the league and also he did say something bout posting in the league suggestions thread after you have a suggestion that you have ran by one of the admins how is this not letting the league have a say in things?

Chc

GM 2023-8/2063, 2086-
7 x division champ
1 pennant
TBR

8/2070-11/2070

NYM

2071-2079
2 x wild card game appearance

SFG

2080-2085
Exactly Jason thank you. What we are ending is the circular nonsense and constant XAT debates. If league discussion is valuable hell yes it will be open. If the discussion turns into selfish arguments we accomplish nothing. In fact, the instantly negative ibterpretation and effort to find a problem you just did piazza is precisely what we are avoiding from here on.
World Champion 2018, 2021, 2026, 2030, 2035, 2037, 2039
AL Champion 12 times
FCM Best Record-Holder - 121-41 2028
Overall Record: 3530-1978 .641%
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »