Poll: Should we have an FCM General Manager HOF?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, we've been around long enough to honor GMs
88.24%
15 88.24%
No, we should give the league more time on this subject
11.76%
2 11.76%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's about time.
Alright guys. We are closing in on the end of our 21st season as a league. I've been a french whore here, but this is the only league I would ever GM in. I think it's about time we reflect a bit on the past 2 years, what a great experience it's been to be apart of and help construct a very strong and enjoyable league. From past GMs who made an impact that we haven't heard from in months or even a year, to GMs who are still steam rolling. It's just been great to share laughs with the guys here, debate on the most current of events in the world, argue over loopholes in rules, make fun of HB (one of the best parts), and last but not least, compete against each other to the death of our teams. I love this league, I've been floating around since we had the old forums with that horrible black skin, and I just feel like honoring those who have put time and incredible effort is well needed and well deserved. I propose we have a vote every 3 or 5 seasons to induct a GM who has obviously been a main stay in the reason FCM is still running today. We can impose qualifications such as time spent in the league, the amount of competitiveness you've been able to accumulate as a GM, and the way a GM has carried himself throughout his time spent here as a GM. In the beginning, I couldn't have pictured this league lasting this long. We never know what might happen tomorrow, but we do know what happened yesterday, and because of a great group of GMs here, we actually have a tomorrow in this league. So without further a due, who's with me and the idea that we create an HOF for the GMs who have made the future of FCM even remotely plausible?
ya it hink it would be cool. i have a couple of suggestions regarding it.

- only 1 gm elected every 2 or 3 seasons to keep the special-ness of being in the GM HOF
- have admins elect the class to be voted upon for each period
- whenever voting occurs keep an option open to vote for nobody so that if we get to a point were nobody deserves to join, gms can vote that way
World Champs: 2071, 2106, 2108
I really don't care, but there's something weird about voting someone into the HOF that's an active GM. Plus I think there's some other things we could focus on that could improve the league.
Cle

Cleveland Record5304-4625 (.534) [2054-2071, 2083-2104, 2110-2131]
AL Post: 15 (ALC), 11 (WC) - ALDS Win: 11 - ALCS Champ: 6 - WS Champ: 3

ALW: Mariners + Angels Record: 1072-864 (.554) [2042-2048, 2105-2110]
AL Post: 3 (ALW), 4 (WC) - ALDS Win: 3 - ALCS Champ: 1 - WS Champ: 1

NLW: Rockies + Padres Record: 3230-2753 (.540) [2017-2042, 2072-2082]
NL Post: 18 (NLW), 4 (WC) - NLDS Win: 7 - NLCS Champ: 4 - WS Champ: 0
Well we could do it every 6 seasons. I mean, 20 seasons is a big accomplishment in terms of sim leagues. There has to be a reason why, and it's the core of GMs. Voting an inactive GM who isn't here for us to honor him just doesn't make sense. I mean, if we want to be a realistic league, shouldn't we be allowed to actually bend some of the "official" rules of HOF voting? I mean it's not like we really are going to wait 4 months to induct someone that has left the league. I think we should induct them before they leave, if the decision of leaving is ultimately permanent then we would have had the good moment to dedicate to them. We aren't focused on it, it's a subject that takes no more than 10 to 15 minutes of work... doing it every 6 season means we have 2 GMs voted every year! If we start this now, in two years time only 4 guys would be in the HOF if voted. I do believe the league as a whole should determine HOF status. Not an argument by the way, I just tend to ramble on in my 'persuasions'.:)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »