SEA (Wild Card)
OAK
TEX

ALDS
TOR vs SEA (TOR in 3)
KCR vs LAA (LAA in 5)

ALCS
TOR vs LAA (TOR in 7)

AL Commentary: I think that the divisions have pretty clear cut champions that even with injuries that these teams (KCR, LAA and TOR) will be the division winners. The race in the AL will be the wild card and even that may only be a 2 or 3 team race. I believe it will come down to SEA and NYY while CLE or BAL may have a long outside shot. I think between Koda, Kearsey and Dickerson in SEA; HB has the better pitching staff and has the best overall hitter between NYY and SEA in SS Jason Blume. I wouldn’t be surprised to see BH in NYY pulling out the wild card but I have to believe that HB has better talent in SEA. Whoever wins the wild card from the AL will not go far in the playoffs as the AL is extremely top heavy and the wild card winner will not be on the same playing field as the other teams.

NL East
FLA
PHI
NYM
WAS
ATL

NL Central
PIT
HOU (wild card)
CHC
CIN
STL
MIL

NL West
ARI
COL
LAD
SDP
SFG

NLDS
PIT vs ARI (PIT in 4)
HOU vs FLA (FLA in 5)

NLCS PIT vs FLA (PIT in 4:wink:)

NL Commentary
NL East goes to FLA as long as he doesn’t get ravaged by injuries as PHI and NYM seem to be improving teams. NYM and PHI have some things to like but aren’t the same caliber as the real playoff contenders. Call me biased in the NL Central but I have confidence that I can hang with Houston and beat him out; regardless of the finishing order in the NL central I believe that there will be 2 playoff teams coming from the NL central in Houston and Pittsburgh. Cincinnati has clearly taken a step back and Chicago had a miracle year last year and I don’t believe either of these teams have the fire power to make a serious run with their current squads. NL West I believe will go to PS in Arizona but this will be a very tight race in the NL West between ARI and COL. Both are very capable of making the playoffs and being a team not to mess with in the postseason. Whoever doesn’t win the NL West should be in the wild card race but I still believe the NL wild card will continue to come out of the NL Central.

Feel free to post your comments and posting your own predictions is highly encouraged!

WS PIT vs TOR (PIT in 6) call me a homer but i gotta root for myself
World Champs: 2071, 2106, 2108
Really pete, you are better than this.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »