• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tanking
You know for just trying to be funny that actually could legitmatley work.
no it couldn't legitimately work. It'd be like how the Hussein's ran the Iraqi soccer team. "if you don't win we beat the shit outta you." not everyone can win and for a team to actually be the worst and still get penalized wouldn't.

NOW if you use it against tanking it COULD. but again you can use it as black and white as "If you have the worst record you don't get the best pick."

Maybe turn to a lottery like the NBA does. Obviously a LOT more work, but being the worst doesn't guarentee the best pick.
Oakland A's
2015-Current
(18 seasons)
1,340-1,577
74-.44-87.66
4 AL West titles
2 ALDS Series appearance
1 WS appearance
If we're using 70 games as a cutoff for what constitutes tanking, then I see multiple mods/admins who have tanked as well as KC

If winning less than 60 games constitutes tanking, then I see a mod/admin who has done it as well as KC

just sayin'
NYY GM (2010-2017):
791-507 (.610)
4-time ALCS Champs
2014 World Series Champs
That 60 game statement is false. My first season here wasn't until mid 2010 so can't really hold that season against me. And as far as the 70 game cutoff statement, I missed that by 2 games but if you look at my team you will see I still had some legit talent on it especially on the pitching side. Hence my pythagorean record being over the 70 mark. The issue on tanking is dead anyway because no one really cares about league intregrity and realistic team management other than a few people. So i'd suggest just let it be and enjoy the high win totals while other teams employ the tanking or slash and burn strategy.
Is this conversation still going? Give it a rest. It is opening day for FCM!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »