• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Waiver Rule
WAIVERS
All players (not injured) in AAA making $1M or more salary can be claimed on waivers on the forum – with an e-mail sent to the team’s owner. The player’s current team has 48 hours from the 1st claim to allow the player to go, or to move the player into the major league roster. If more than one team claims, lowest record gets him after 48 hours from 1st claim. Claims made in April – go by the previous season’s W/L record.

If the waiver claim is denied by moving the player to the major league roster, the player must remain on the major league roster for the remainder of the season. The Commish will not track this, so owners must be watching their own claims. If any owner notes a claimed player returned to AAA, the player will be awared to the original claiming team immediately. Injured players may be sent down, and left there after healthy but subject to future waiver claims.

DJ was talking about talent hoarding tonight and during the discussion I rememered this rule that an old league of mine used. With the addition of this rule and the new FA rules where type a's and b's will have an agent I think any talent hoarding would be stopped. Usually a guy making a mil or over will at least have some value. If someone decides they do then they can claim him. If you think he holds enough value keep him on the roster. If you don't then you will let him go to a team that could actually use him or at the very least call him up and work out some sort of trade. It will make teams think twice before raisng the price on any talent that would at best sit on their bench. Theres 2 teams off hand that I quickly looked at and that was the 2 New York teams. They each have at least 3 players that I could make a case for that could be on someones bench and not sitting in the minors. That's no dig on those 2 teams i just chose teh 2 richest teams to look at first.
(09-05-2010, 02:41 AM)mike Wrote: All players (not injured) in AAA making $1M or more salary can be claimed on waivers on the forum – with an e-mail sent to the team’s owner.

Theres 2 teams off hand that I quickly looked at and that was the 2 New York teams.

Funny, b/c you have as many players making at least $1M in your farm system as I do.

1 of mine has been on waivers all season, another has been on my trade block all season, and the 3rd just got sent down this last sim after not performing so far this season

For anyone interested in them, Matsui is still on waivers & Kurt Suzuki is still on my trading block
NYY GM (2010-2017):
791-507 (.610)
4-time ALCS Champs
2014 World Series Champs
LIke I said it wasn't a dig on anybody. Not that I'd beable to afford to talent hoard anyway, but yes I bet those players could be better used elsewhere. All teh more reason to have a rule like this.
Don't like this. I have pitchers such as Bruney and Robertson in the minors that I want for depth in case of injury or someone struggling...
You still could have those guys. Just if a team felt they would actually use them on their 25 man roster they could claim them. Or if they were worth their weight you would bring them up to big team. If their is grumblings about talent hoarding this in addition to the new FA rules would be a sure fire way to stop it or help contain it. A team still could sign a bunch of guys or re-sign guys and send them down but then if a team felt they could use them then they coudl claim them instead which helps disperse the talent.
I think his point is more these guys wouldn't be on your team if real life baseball rules were in effect or if players had some way to represent themselves.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
too much work. don't we already have a simular waiving system in place... I waive a player, he gets claimed, and gets moved to the claiming team?
Yeah what Dj said thats basically the point.
well some might be rehabbing like tulo was
I just don't think this is necessary.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »