• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Massive Rules Post (Updated 3-6-2011)

(09-04-2010, 08:40 PM)psbaseballfan27 Wrote: "Resignings for Players Without An Agent

NEW INFO

Any player 89 or below must be re-signed in game AND have a minimum of 5 year major league service time in order to encourage more realistic contracts and free agency classes.

You may not resign a nonarbitration player with the intent of trading him. If you do this the player will be released and your team will be fined. Sign and trades do not happen in baseball because there's no incentive for the player to agree to one."

As a general concept I have no problem with this rule execept for the two reasons:1. Gm's may have made trades thinking they were getting affordable players for a few years now have to pony up a lot more cash and thus gives a major market team more of an advantage. 2. Gm's thinking that could sign players through arby at a much more reasonable rate went after free agents thinking they have more cap room. However with this new rule teams with some players instead of having to pay lets 3/21 may end up paying an extra 15-20 mil for a good arby player. Again I have no problem with this rule if applied starting next season with teams being given proper notice. Having said that I strongly object with this rule being placed with no notice and no time for teams to adjust.

I second this statement.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »