• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Free Agent Bidding System Ideas
Let's face it people, this system has been around since the first ever mogul league. I think it's time to at least think about a change or a major facelift. Now if it stayed the same then thats fine. The system does work, I just think it should/could be improved upon. I'll list the issue's first and then give a suggestion after:

Issues:

1. Minimum bid raises

2. A good shorter bid currently does not beat a longer bid worth more total cash

3. A championship calibre team still has to go through the bidding process when in reality a team as good as Andy's the player would likley sign the first good deal that came along from a team like that

4. Player personalities currently do not come into play other than for our agent worthy players

5. Finite number of re-raises. Currently you can outbid someone an infinite amount of times. In reality the player and agent would get fed up with that and sooner or later just not accept your calls anymore.

6. Draft day contracts. Matty mentioned this already but I will list it here as well. Just because you are the first person to be on the internet doesn't mean you should get him on the draft day contract.

Suggestions to fix Issue:

1. We all hate getting outbid by 100K or the ore recent 10K by Arod. I also thinks its fair to say any player wouldn't change his mind over a measily few hundred thousand. Especially on a bigger bid. I suggest something like 10-15% raise minimum.

2. This is something that is extremely un-realistic. I do it, everyone uses it to their advantage but it just makes no sense. I'm not sure on how to fix it without usuing a FA bid calculator though.

3. Currently no realistic or fair way to implement.

4. Currently no realistic or fair way to implement.

5. I think a set number of re-raises coule be permitted for each player bid on. I used an example of 2 in the chat. This would also eliminate the small re-raises as you would need to bid closer to what you are actually willing to pay.

6. As its already been discussed I thik the concensus was lowest record gets the draft day deal.

These are the ones I can think of right now but I'm sure there are other concerns people have too and I can add those to the list. Lets pretend for a minute that we could make great changes to Free agency and still have it be on the simple side of things. This thread isn't being created to make a bitching fest or have people come in and say it cant be done or that it doesnt need to be changed yada yada. This thread is for the purpose of throwing around ideas on how to posisbly imrpove on a system that is literally over a decade old. If it can't be done then so be it, but I think it would be a shame to not at least try with the smart mogul players and creative thinkers that we have in this league at the steering wheel.
I've long been a supporter of using a FA calculator. But people don't seem to want to do a little bit more to add a ton of realism. Adding anything else would be too much. A simple FA calculator would be great.
Cle

Cleveland Record5304-4625 (.534) [2054-2071, 2083-2104, 2110-2131]
AL Post: 15 (ALC), 11 (WC) - ALDS Win: 11 - ALCS Champ: 6 - WS Champ: 3

ALW: Mariners + Angels Record: 1072-864 (.554) [2042-2048, 2105-2110]
AL Post: 3 (ALW), 4 (WC) - ALDS Win: 3 - ALCS Champ: 1 - WS Champ: 1

NLW: Rockies + Padres Record: 3230-2753 (.540) [2017-2042, 2072-2082]
NL Post: 18 (NLW), 4 (WC) - NLDS Win: 7 - NLCS Champ: 4 - WS Champ: 0
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »