• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another year, more ridiculousness
Really? Does this really need to be brought up every year? Every season for my team, huge injuries. Nothing realistic about it. 2 weeks into this season, I have 4 starters already down with injuries of 75 days or more. Two of them over 90 days and one for 365 days. Bad luck? I dont think so, happens every year. Ridiculous. Im not the only one complaining about injuries, I know this. So its not like Im only complaining for my own team. But this league is getting silly.
Another year, another year of me and several others telling you to suck it up. It has been proven by the the programmer himself Clay Davenport that injuries are actually a small percentage less than what occurs in real life. For anyone complaining get some depth just like any real club would if they wanted to win.

Edit - To top that all off 3 of 4 the guys injured for lengthy perioids of time have below average health. Don't really see a problem with any of those. The guy who has 80 health was more randomness than anything, the other 3 were ticking time bombs to miss some games to injury.
The only thing that could be off is injury frequency seems to be too much. The petty injuries seem to be too much. Other than that, it's spot on. Big injuries happen. Like the Braves lost Peter Moylan twice this season, both major injuries. Jair Jurrjens went on the DL twice, Martin Prado missed over a month, and Kris Medlen had an injury that carried over from 2010 in which he missed over 12 months.
Cle

Cleveland Record5304-4625 (.534) [2054-2071, 2083-2104, 2110-2131]
AL Post: 15 (ALC), 11 (WC) - ALDS Win: 11 - ALCS Champ: 6 - WS Champ: 3

ALW: Mariners + Angels Record: 1072-864 (.554) [2042-2048, 2105-2110]
AL Post: 3 (ALW), 4 (WC) - ALDS Win: 3 - ALCS Champ: 1 - WS Champ: 1

NLW: Rockies + Padres Record: 3230-2753 (.540) [2017-2042, 2072-2082]
NL Post: 18 (NLW), 4 (WC) - NLDS Win: 7 - NLCS Champ: 4 - WS Champ: 0
Fred Steines has 59 health that may be why?
Hussinger has 65, both very good reasons for injuries.
Bickford is a bench guy so not as big a loss.

Anyone with below 75 health is basically a really good chance an injury happens.

If you want a team that can really complain I would say the Jays losing their 1 and 2 for the year is the winner.
(01-02-2012, 12:49 PM)hokeyrules Wrote: Fred Steines has 59 health that may be why?
Hussinger has 65, both very good reasons for injuries.
Bickford is a bench guy so not as big a loss.

Anyone with below 75 health is basically a really good chance an injury happens.

If you want a team that can really complain I would say the Jays losing their 1 and 2 for the year is the winner.

Bickford is a bench guy only because his rating dropped 7 points due to the injury.
(01-02-2012, 04:15 AM)mike Wrote: Another year, another year of me and several others telling you to suck it up. It has been proven by the the programmer himself Clay Davenport that injuries are actually a small percentage less than what occurs in real life. For anyone complaining get some depth just like any real club would if they wanted to win.

Edit - To top that all off 3 of 4 the guys injured for lengthy perioids of time have below average health. Don't really see a problem with any of those. The guy who has 80 health was more randomness than anything, the other 3 were ticking time bombs to miss some games to injury.

Lol. Great idea, let me go spend 25 million more for depth to replace 7 starters. That wont hurt my budget at all!!!
Ok lets get this straight. Every single guy that got injured who missed significant time had a health rating of 75 or less, aside from two outliers who had 76 and 79 (which still isn't very good) and yes I checked every single injury that happened to your team during the year. So no that is not the games fault for injuring guys who should get injured. It's a gm'ing miscue to have so many guys with that low of health and not expecting them to miss time. You can't expect to have a team full of injury prone players and still win, unless you have the depth there. Sometimes even then with the depth it will still be an impossible feat to overcome.

Now if you want to blame the game for creating too many draftees with low health? Ok then thats fine you'd have a legit complaint, but no one is telling you to acquire players with a low health rating, so its no fault other than your own that you have so any injuries. If this was a real issue you'd see most of the league piping up about and posting legit complaints on players who had high health but were still always getting injured. So please quit whining every year about injuries, its annoying and just brings attention to something that is a complete non-issue. If I'm a new gm and one of the first threads I see is that we have an injury bug in the league I'm likley going to go elsewhere. When you can get 10 ppl who legit think they have a case then bring it up.

To adress your depth issue, why don't you spend some of that 40mil you have sitting in game instead of hoarding it.
(01-02-2012, 12:49 PM)hokeyrules Wrote: If you want a team that can really complain I would say the Jays losing their 1 and 2 for the year is the winner.

And it got worse!!!! I actually sympathize, i feel my title was tonya harding'd. Not intentionally but jesus.

The fact is that this is how the game drives talent. It sucks but it's a reality we can do nothing about.
World Champion 2018, 2021, 2026, 2030, 2035, 2037, 2039
AL Champion 12 times
FCM Best Record-Holder - 121-41 2028
Overall Record: 3530-1978 .641%
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »