• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expansion - sean this time
(03-05-2011, 01:09 AM)mav3rek Wrote: I vote no expansion.

Mav, can you please explain a little on how you feel that way?
Cubs GM 2010-2021
2017 & 2019 World Champions
LAA GM 2022-2035
2028, 2029, 2032 and 2034 World Champions
If we are doing another Canadian team, let Montreal get their expos back.
(03-05-2011, 01:29 AM)GoIrish Wrote:

Well to be honest, I've been against it from the beginning.

I joined this league because of the desire of the admins to have the most realistic game possible. IMO expansion would take away from that. Division realignment, add new teams, etc. I'm just not a fan at all. I understand that there is a waiting list and you want to include as many people as possible, but I think a waiting list is a good thing. I don't think we should alter the entire league just so 3 or 4 strangers can get into the league. I want to be part of a league that is as close to real life as possible. If the MLB ever expands then I'd be all for it, but I personally don't want to be part of fictional league.

It seems you guys have figured it all out though, so I have no doubts about it succeeding, I just want to maintain as much realism as possible because that's what this league is built upon.

I don't want to sound like a jerk or come off that way, but this is just my opinion. I know that if we would expand, I would probably leave. Not to prove a point or anything, but once the league switched to a fictional league more than a realistic league it would no longer be something that I would want to be a part of.

Again, I don't want to sound like a jerk or anything, I'm just telling you my opinion. I know that I'm not bigger than the league or anything like that. So losing 1 GM over all this isn't that big of a deal and doesn't really factor into the whole thing, I'm just being honest and letting you know up front.
(03-05-2011, 11:20 AM)mav3rek Wrote:
(03-05-2011, 01:29 AM)GoIrish Wrote:

Well to be honest, I've been against it from the beginning.

I joined this league because of the desire of the admins to have the most realistic game possible. IMO expansion would take away from that. Division realignment, add new teams, etc. I'm just not a fan at all. I understand that there is a waiting list and you want to include as many people as possible, but I think a waiting list is a good thing. I don't think we should alter the entire league just so 3 or 4 strangers can get into the league. I want to be part of a league that is as close to real life as possible. If the MLB ever expands then I'd be all for it, but I personally don't want to be part of fictional league.

It seems you guys have figured it all out though, so I have no doubts about it succeeding, I just want to maintain as much realism as possible because that's what this league is built upon.

I don't want to sound like a jerk or come off that way, but this is just my opinion. I know that if we would expand, I would probably leave. Not to prove a point or anything, but once the league switched to a fictional league more than a realistic league it would no longer be something that I would want to be a part of.

Again, I don't want to sound like a jerk or anything, I'm just telling you my opinion. I know that I'm not bigger than the league or anything like that. So losing 1 GM over all this isn't that big of a deal and doesn't really factor into the whole thing, I'm just being honest and letting you know up front.

I appreciate your honesty but a hot topic for MLB the past couple seasons has been future expansion (balance of teams in the AL and NL). That is something that will most likely happen again and most likely in another 5-10 years. If you think about it, we are now 8 years down the line, most likely at the spot that expansion will occur once again. Just like it did in 61,69,77, 93 and 99. With that said, I think expansion would maintain our hold on realism of things that will most likely occur.

However, with that said, this is not a done deal. Like anything we will put it up for a vote and get a pulse on the league.
Cubs GM 2010-2021
2017 & 2019 World Champions
LAA GM 2022-2035
2028, 2029, 2032 and 2034 World Champions
Nick, what prep time do you need? You mean time to manipulate your rosters to best posture yourself to not lose anyone. You've been hoarding talent worse than anyone that idea isn't going to cut it.

The reason we'd have to do it now is because the main requirement has always been rock solid activity, it's high unlikely we'll ever this opportunity again. So I'm not forcing it down anyone's throats, but I am saying if we're doing it it's this offseason or we're back to the wait and see game.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
Bud Selig calls up every GM a week after the World Series and lets them know that there's gonna be 2 new teams come March (4 months away) and that sometime between now & then there will be an expansion draft

He then reminds the other GMs that he doesn't even know what the rules of the draft will be yet or where these 2 teams will even be playing, but it must be rushed & done ASAP or else we may not have enough GMs lined up to do it

If people are that worried about the league not being active enough for expansion come 1 season from now, then we shouldn't be expanding to begin with
NYY GM (2010-2017):
791-507 (.610)
4-time ALCS Champs
2014 World Series Champs
Eek, this offseason before 2018? I'm not so much worried about talent hoarding but at this point do we even have two GMs for the spots we're creating? How much depth have we looked at the financial impacts? (technicially, we haven't even settled on cities yet)

It feels like to me that we should make the announcement this year and then dot all the i's and cross all the t's this year with an expansion draft next year.

Nick's right, what's the rush? If we're worried letting it hang on for another year will mean we don't have the activity to pull it off....then we shouldn't do it at all! We should only do this when we have no worries about activity for several seasons in the future.
i personally like the las vegas aces and the vancouver canadians

matty had the right logo too for the aces and i like it, and i posted the canadians logo in an earlier post

[Image: 27y93e0.jpg]
Have a solo game I played that was a fictional league. 2 of the teams I had were the LV Outlaws & Vancouver Express:
[Image: lv.png]
[Image: van.png]

Full list of logos I used in case people see others they'd prefer - http://s629.photobucket.com/albums/uu17/.../logo%201/

Don't think many (if any) of them are realistic as MLB logos though b/c MLB likes boring as sin logos
NYY GM (2010-2017):
791-507 (.610)
4-time ALCS Champs
2014 World Series Champs
and i also did in a mogul file the two expansion teams and swapped the brewers over the the AL central to see how the schedule would form itself and it worked perfectly all by itself

take a look
http://www.sendspace.com/file/34u7i6
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »