Poll: Are Talent Levels Too High?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
50.00%
9 50.00%
No
50.00%
9 50.00%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll: Are Talent Levels an Issue?
(04-26-2011, 06:10 PM)rockybull Wrote: Andy, you are def right about that. It's also common sense to think that teams not spending on farms will have shit farms, and teams that spend a lot on farms will have studs coming out left and right. I didn't actually say we should uncap expenses, it was just an idea, since it would lower talent levels as league wide. DJ has been mentioning this for awhile now, so just wanted to give him my take on it. I would personally prefer going to 85 capped on farm.

DJ, maybe you can talk with burnsey and Cdawg, two members that are in outahere with me and see what they have noticed Outahere doing differently with the talent settings. In Outahere the farms are 85 for everyone, and they said they changed some settings to deflate so much talent. I have noticed the talent has went down a good bit since the beginning when I was there, so maybe you could talk with one of the admins there.

I like the idea of dropping it down, just as long as it stays capped.

In real life you can spend all the money you want - but it's talent scouting and player development that matters most, not money.

The A's, Rays, Twins, Braves, etc. have excellent farm systems because of player development, not money. Money will let you buy IFA and prospects (one of the two we do), but it won't have a significant bearign on the player's development.

In other words, you can buy better talent, but you can't buy the talent to be better. Capping expenses is the only way to maintain that realism.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »