• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BOS - LAD
I want to make sure it's clear where I stand on this. And it's regardless of my involvement in it, Herrod and MacDade was happening either way. And if i needed to, I'd accept taking that deal back.

I approve. Klee is probably as good a prospect as is going to be made available and the depth of this trade is better for Boston. I wouldn't take the Detroit package straight up for Klee, largely because I have serious reservations about Alcocer. And I have since that draft. Would I do this deal in Boston's place? Probably not, but only because I wouldn't want to move McCluskey just yet.

However, Chuck's reasoning for wanting to is sound and thought-out. He's gambling his lineup offensively is close enough with Morgan in it to make up for the loss, while saving a ton of money and adding some real prospects to his farm at the same time.

So, again, I approve.

And frankly, the trade bitching lately is over the top. Chill the fuck out. Show a little respect to each other and the league and do your best to be fair. No one is above making a bad deal or criticism. If you see it differently than someone, that's ok. We're not all going to agree. Go out of your way to make sure you're not screwing the other guy over. You want to win the deal in your eyes? Fine. Try to win the deal. But make sure you didn't salt the earth in the process. The other guy, and the league, deserves better than that.

This deal is fine.
World Champion 2018, 2021, 2026, 2030, 2035, 2037, 2039
AL Champion 12 times
FCM Best Record-Holder - 121-41 2028
Overall Record: 3530-1978 .641%
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »