• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TBR-MIN Waiver Trade
Much of the money coming off the books are players I am looking to resign. Flori is coming off of his first season of decline, and even if I was to keep him for the offseason, I would have to pay half his contract value just to get a return worth trading for. Cash I don't even have at the moment. He is still a good hitter, but with his health I'm banking he isn't that good come next season, and he isn't good enough to get full return without even giving a penny towards his contract. Don't even start with MacSimon, this is the second time in his 4 years with Tampa his season ERA going into September is 8+!!!! Rodriguez is the odd man out of a cutting decision, you speak as if cutting him even impacts my MLB team now or in the future. Vetoing this deal is basically telling me Who and When I can put people on Irrevocable waivers. I understand you guys can look for transactions made in bad faith, but this isn't a franchise-shaking move.

This deal puts me near my budget and once the season is over, my finances will be in an even better spot. To wait and see IF I get the "something" that "someone" will give me will be taking a risk on Flori's value. One average drop, and he may become unmovable. I'm moving him now before that happens. BTW that salary dump you made with Williamson when I was Baltimore was arguably a worse move than this. Williamson can still hit well and play good defense; the amount owed to him is lower than 1/4 of what Flori is owed yet you gave him to me for free WITH a prospect.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »