• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestions for Sports Mogul
I tend to ramble a bit so hopefully these things stay on point

I'd like to have the option to set a lineup everyday. Obviously you set your single lineup like you do know, but with this option you can click on the calendar and choose to change the lineup for that day. The reason we want this option is b/c in every sim league, they sim 1-2 weeks at a time and if you want to give your star 1B a rest for 1 day or if your #5 SP is injured, perhaps having the option to start the 6th SP(well know he is starting).

In Depth Strategy-http://webl.vivi.com/ This is a free online boxing game, I used to play it around 10 years ago. Just like BM you just sim and see the results(well this game you are scheduled a match per your weight class). I digress they have a legit crazy in depth strategy scheme. Fighting styles, you get points each round for defense, aggression and power. What to do if you're cut or what to do if you are losing. Here is a small excerpt.

" You can also combine conditions on the same line using logical operators as in the following example

6/6/8
if endurance < 30 and opponent is tired then 5H/10/5
if endurance < 30 and opponent is strong and score > 3 then 1/1/18
if (opponent is hurt and endurance > 30) or (opponent is tired and endurance > 50) then 5/10/5
#the following two lines are identical
if not (opponent is hurt) then 7/7/6
if opponent is strong or opponent is tired then 7/7/6 "

perhaps if there was for us to do something like this(IE If losing and game is close, with a runner on 1st and zero outs X% of a bunt to move runner.) This seems like a labor of love, but for those of use who spend hours just looking at the game this could be borderline obsessive.
Basically it's about having alot more control over what happens SITUATIONALLY in game as opposed to "Infield in" or "High pitch count." I think in '14 you were on the right track with player strategy, but that actually doesn't carry over into the .team file, so no one uses it. On that note

Allowing player strategy to be part of the .team file. self explanatory

Non-Linear player development- Right now you can track players. Eye and Defense usually doesn't get much better from draft day to peak. However in RL players go from speedy types to power hitters(Griffey Jr) some of the time while older players sometimes start to become choosier at the plate

Player traits These are things you see in Madden, good hands, lock down corner etc, giving players up to 5 traits could be fun. You already have fan favorite, but that doesn't pop up as often as it should or it sticks around. Someone like Ichiro is a fan favorite almost anywhere he goes, but think about that late 80's Detroit team. ONLY detroit could love those players. The rest of the league would hate Lambeer or Thomas in their city. Same thing with Sherman. Or something like Mariano. You know if you handed him the ball in the 9th, the game was over for the other team. As a team you can see how the Miami Heat just shut teams down in the 4th. Give players traits like Love or Hate 'em(ticket seller) Rocket arm, Gold glove, Locker Room leader, Speedster, Intimidator etc. By doing this you give them a small added bonus to the vital.

Team Chemistry I don't know how prevalent team chemistry really is, but a team that gels together, tend to play at a higher level. I guess an example of this is the last 2 seasons in Boston. You went from the bottom of the AL to WS just by bringing in "Locker Room guys" and getting rid of players who felt entitled. Honestly this can be portrayed as a % number

I second these
Quote:4) Full Minors: I've hear some rumors and rumblings that full minors will happen on BM 2016. There's a lot to be interpreted with that as to what it means. Will we have full AAA, AA, Hi-A, Lo-A, R-Ball? Or does it mean 25-man rosters for the current AAA, AA, A/R setup?

I'd like to say, I think full 25-man rosters would be a mistake. Part of the reason why many of us choose Mogul over OOTP is that we have enough customization and have enough control over our team without going overboard and having to meticulously hash out every little detail like OOTP does.

I've long since wanted a differentiation between Hi-A and Lo-A. It's a differentiation in real life and would be nice to have a true progression of levels in the game. In the least I know about every in our league cringed when they found out A-Ball and R-Ball was being combined. I think giving us R-Ball back and adding in Lo-A gives us enough to customize a team to our liking and hold enough depth in our minors without going overboard.

5) Changable Depth Chart: Drop-down boxes to select a three-deep depth chart at every position. Maybe I want my starting 3B as my #2 1B or my 4th OF on the bench to be the #2 at each outfield spot. Sometimes the decisions Mogul makes is perplexing, when you have a healthy and rested option that didn't play.

Some sort of League mode: Currently you need to have a password so you can't go into editor and what not. Which is cool but this also means at least one person needs to have the password to work on the file which makes them privacy to info a normal gm doesn't get. Now all leagues rely on some sort of trust that the Commishes doesn't abuse this fact but it would be nice to have even the temptation removed altogether.

So in summary.
1)Option for game to game Lineup
2)More in game strategy
3).team file caries player strategy
4)Player traits
5)Team Chemistry
Oakland A's
2015-Current
(18 seasons)
1,340-1,577
74-.44-87.66
4 AL West titles