• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestions for Sports Mogul
When you look at MLB: The Show, you see what a successful baseball franchise is. One of the biggest reasons why it's so successful is the options it has. Different batting/pitching cameras, multiple ways to hit/pitch, different seasons lengths, and so on. You can customize the game to exactly however you want it to play. Baseball Mogul has seemed to have attempted that with things like; bold font, ability to change dialog size, ability to turn on/off sanity checks, and various other settings. I've been playing BM since Mogul 06 and over the years, I've come to see that some more options would be great additions.

1) Aging At Turnover: I liked it on BM 06 when prospects all saw their peak drops at the end of the season. Having players age on their exact birthday sounds nice, but I can't help but think of this as a Scout-GM interaction in Mogul...

"Yeah John Smith (80/90) is looking great, he's gonna be a star." And then one week passes. "How's Smith looking?" - from GM. "Well, he had a birthday so now (80/85), while I think he'll be starter worthy, he's not going to be great."

It just doesn't make sense that all because a birthday, a player will have less time to develop. The option to have aging at the exact birthday or directly following the World Series would be great.

Furthermore, in league play, the issue arises that where ever you stop the sim, you're going to have prospects that will inevitably see their peak drop before they have a chance to get better. This can create a problem when a "vulture GM" targets a new, unaware GM and trades them a lemon for something good. We usually see the new GM get fed up and leave. Not something we as a league or Sports Mogul would like their product to be receipted.

2) Career Window: This might be my biggest pet peeve. I know it was implemented many years ago to curb teen draftees from being instantly ready for the big leagues. In the past few installments it hasn't been a problem.

It's become increasingly frustrating that I sometimes don't have a player hit their "career window" until season age 26! Last season I had a Cy Young contending pitcher who was still pre-window. This season, I have a guy rated over 90 that's still pre-window! That just doesn't make sense. BM is unreasonably holding player's skills back because of some mythical timeline of when the game thinks they should be ready.

With this in effect, BM is basically saying early careers like Ryan Zimmerman, Troy Tulowitzki, Nolan Arenado, Manny Machado, The Upton Brothers, Julio Teheran, Freddie Freeman, Bryce Harper, Starlin Castro, Jason Heyward, Felix Hernandez, or Mike Trout shouldn't happen and would hold back players of that nature.

Let them play! Give us the option to turn on/off Career Window. And yes, I know you can go into the player editor and zero out Career Windows, but in a league setting that puts integrity on the line.

3) Exportable Draft Order: Many league like to make draft picks tradeable. Some like to do compensation. At FCM, we do compensation rounds in between the 1st and 2nd rounds as well as in between the 2nd and 3rd rounds. While we can already accomplish what we need to do in-game with the Draft Editor, it would be the process much easier.

Being able to remove picks from rounds, add picks to rounds, or even create new rounds would be a great addition for league play.

4) Full Minors: I've hear some rumors and rumblings that full minors will happen on BM 2016. There's a lot to be interpreted with that as to what it means. Will we have full AAA, AA, Hi-A, Lo-A, R-Ball? Or does it mean 25-man rosters for the current AAA, AA, A/R setup?

I'd like to say, I think full 25-man rosters would be a mistake. Part of the reason why many of us choose Mogul over OOTP is that we have enough customization and have enough control over our team without going overboard and having to meticulously hash out every little detail like OOTP does.

I've long since wanted a differentiation between Hi-A and Lo-A. It's a differentiation in real life and would be nice to have a true progression of levels in the game. In the least I know about every in our league cringed when they found out A-Ball and R-Ball was being combined. I think giving us R-Ball back and adding in Lo-A gives us enough to customize a team to our liking and hold enough depth in our minors without going overboard.

5) Changable Depth Chart: Drop-down boxes to select a three-deep depth chart at every position. Maybe I want my starting 3B as my #2 1B or my 4th OF on the bench to be the #2 at each outfield spot. Sometimes the decisions Mogul makes is perplexing, when you have a healthy and rested option that didn't play.
Cle

Cleveland Record5463-4790 (.533) [2054-2071, 2083-2104, 2110-2133]
AL Post: 15 (ALC), 11 (WC) - ALDS Win: 11 - ALCS Champ: 6 - WS Champ: 3

ALW: Mariners + Angels Record: 1072-864 (.554) [2042-2048, 2105-2110]
AL Post: 3 (ALW), 4 (WC) - ALDS Win: 3 - ALCS Champ: 1 - WS Champ: 1

NLW: Rockies + Padres Record: 3230-2753 (.540) [2017-2042, 2072-2082]
NL Post: 18 (NLW), 4 (WC) - NLDS Win: 7 - NLCS Champ: 4 - WS Champ: 0
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »