• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do You Want To See A Tanking Guideline?
idk about some of you, but it's god damn hard for me to find a prospect that pans out. It took Northcutt 8 years to full develop and alot of my ML team is full of 3rd 4th and 5th round guys. IDK if it's the guys I pick, how I'm moving them along in the minors(which has never been an issue in any other league that I know of) or if you guys know something that I don't about prospects in this league, but I draft horribly. That leaves me w/ 1 option, Free agency, to build a winning team. Except that I have one of the 5 lowest payrolls in the league. I can't be competitive on a yearly basis because of this strategy b/c of my lack of payroll.

These are all excuses for why Oakland can't win in this league, but it's not a recipe for success. Its easier to tank than it is to trade the players for picks or prospects b/c those 2 are at a much more valuable and premium price. I can't get 2 1st round talents for Malone, or find a decent offer for Northcutt, but those same players in other leagues are going for 7 and 5 players.

Just a couple points I thought interesting.
Oakland A's
2015-Current
(18 seasons)
1,340-1,577
74-.44-87.66
4 AL West titles
2 ALDS Series appearance
1 WS appearance
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »