The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error_callback

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Waiver Rule
WAIVERS
All players (not injured) in AAA making $1M or more salary can be claimed on waivers on the forum – with an e-mail sent to the team’s owner. The player’s current team has 48 hours from the 1st claim to allow the player to go, or to move the player into the major league roster. If more than one team claims, lowest record gets him after 48 hours from 1st claim. Claims made in April – go by the previous season’s W/L record.

If the waiver claim is denied by moving the player to the major league roster, the player must remain on the major league roster for the remainder of the season. The Commish will not track this, so owners must be watching their own claims. If any owner notes a claimed player returned to AAA, the player will be awared to the original claiming team immediately. Injured players may be sent down, and left there after healthy but subject to future waiver claims.

DJ was talking about talent hoarding tonight and during the discussion I rememered this rule that an old league of mine used. With the addition of this rule and the new FA rules where type a's and b's will have an agent I think any talent hoarding would be stopped. Usually a guy making a mil or over will at least have some value. If someone decides they do then they can claim him. If you think he holds enough value keep him on the roster. If you don't then you will let him go to a team that could actually use him or at the very least call him up and work out some sort of trade. It will make teams think twice before raisng the price on any talent that would at best sit on their bench. Theres 2 teams off hand that I quickly looked at and that was the 2 New York teams. They each have at least 3 players that I could make a case for that could be on someones bench and not sitting in the minors. That's no dig on those 2 teams i just chose teh 2 richest teams to look at first.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »