The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error_callback

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft Changes
After reading Sean's post about the draft in another thread, it really got me thinking about it. Something, and I'm not sure what or how, needs to be done to the draft IMO. I find it difficult to keep up with what team is picking where and who they've picked. I've been able to keep track of it a little bit here and there but eventually always lose my place and have to ask which just clutters up the XAT. I know I'm not the only one who has this difficulty, as anyone who has been around for a draft has seen multiple people asking multiple times who such and such took and if so and so is still available. I understand limiting draft picks to 2 mins or so to try and speed up the process because it can take quite a while to complete a draft sometimes. I'm thinking maybe it would be beneficial to spread the draft out over 2 nights, kind of NFL style. Do rounds 1-3 on night 1 and 4-6 on night 2. This would give everyone kind of a "catchup" period between round 3 and 4. Maybe that's not the correct solution to the problem but just one that kind of popped up in my head as I was writing this. The biggest problem is that tracking players is hard to do. I know we keep and updated list in a thread, but even that sometimes can get difficult. It's almost like we need a 3rd party app or something that can update real time and keep track of who is picked and who is available and who is up in what round, etc. But short of sitting down and writing one, (which I'm seriously considering, and yes I have experience and could do it) I'm not sure what the solution would be. The draft is easily one of our more active days, and I know several of the GMs actually do full on scouting for players and not being able to track them efficiently kind of sucks the fun out of it, (at least it did for me). I had to go back the next day and go through the draft results in Mogul to do my draft grades b/c trying to do it on the fly was impossible. Kind of made it seem like more work than I wanted to do, but I was that far invested into it so I stuck it out.

Anyway, I just wanted to throw this out there and see if anyone feels the same way, or if there was some suggestion of how to improve the process, or maybe I'm just nuts in thinking there is any issue what-so-ever.
[Image: 282drwn.jpg]
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »