The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error_callback

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Talent Reductions Again! from somebody else's mouth
This is an idea that SXR, DJ and myself were talking about this afternoon and it really became quite refined and is by far the most fair suggestion to bring thus file back down to earth.

For beginning reference here is out settings and the stock settings on BM 12 (i admit that the beginning settings in bm 12 are low but we wouldn't be going that low regardless)

Our file
3.5 90's per team
16.7 80's per team
9.2 90's peaks per team
37.2 80's peaks per team

BM 12 stock settings
1.2 90's per team
8.3 80's per team
3.2 90's peaks per team
23.2 80's peaks per team

As you all know, in our file 90 means almost nothing and we have a ton of players underplaying their ovr's and vitals. In reality, 90's should be the all star players of the league but we have far too many in the file for that to be the truth. We are roughly double of where we should be according to the stock setting....saying this I am not suggesting that we will end up going all the way down to these stock settings. Onto the official suggestion that was the brainchild of SXR

Every player in the file gets a -1 on their predicted stats. What this does is roughly lowers their OVR by 2 points. This is fair because every player in the file would be getting the -1 on their predicted stats, thus not changing the relative value of any player in the file.
Ok now if you calculate how many 90's would be left if every player is brought down 2points. This would roughly leave us with 73 90's in our file and now we can adjust our leagues percentages of talent. The new calculation would be 2.4 90's per team which is much more realistic. You expect the 90's to represent the all star teams which would roughly be 60 players total which would leave us right in that ballpark of where our talent should be.

Ill repeat what I said before, every player in the league will get -1 on their projected stats so now you would do the same adjustment to all 80's and adjust the percentage of 80's per team (and also the adjustment of 80's and 90's peaks are also included). After doing this you would have brought down all the talent in the league back down to earth, and also by calculating the new percentages out of the final product of these adjustments, virtually eliminate future drops (unless of course that player was going to drop anyways)

I believe the advantages of doing this would be very beneficial to the league. Before you get too defensive about the topic, read thru this and understand how much better it is than any previous suggestion. The stats distribution will match the players skill sets finally (something this file doesn't do) and in the future should hopefully improve the competition of the league. please take a second to examine the percentages of players per team and understand how out of whack they are and here we have a very good solution to remedy this.

Also a lowering of the farm rating will help decrease the amount of "recycling" of players and should provide more realistic career paths
World Champs: 2071, 2106, 2108
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »