The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error_callback

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compensation Idea
This idea would eliminate the need to have sandwhich rounds or any pen and paper type stuff. I stole this from another leaue I'm in and made a minor tweak here and there but by all means I'm not the inventer of this idea.

A system is in the works to come close to replicating that which is used by MLB in real life.

In order to receive compensation, the team losing the free agent must offer arbitration to the player that if he were to accept would receive a 1-year deal worth 1.1 X his last per year salary. (easier math than having to calculate the average of however many players at their position. Although I'd be fine with either way).

Type A compensation will net the team losing the free agent an extra first round draft pick and an extra 2nd round draft pick.

Type B compensation will net the team losing the free agent an extra second round draft pick.

The first round picks will be created by duplicating any player chosen after the 10th overall pick.

The second round picks will be created by duplicating any player chosen after the first round.

GMs will be allowed to change all the personal information of the players created (Name, college, nation, nickname, etc.)

Teams signing compensation eligible free agents WILL NOT lose a draft pick.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »