• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Negative cash should equal negative results
(05-20-2011, 08:51 PM)rockybull Wrote:
(05-20-2011, 07:22 PM)GoIrish Wrote:
(05-20-2011, 06:24 PM)rockybull Wrote:
(05-20-2011, 05:57 PM)GoIrish Wrote: Peter, we are talking about something that will not just be for HB but for the league has a whole. DJ brought up a tremendous idea of allowing teams in the red or teams that are over budget 1 free release. This would be a get out of jail free card for some teams. For teams that do not need the get out of jail free card, they would be given a free WB slot or cash buyout (5M).

We need to find a way to fix this mess but I also think that we need to figure a way to monitor some of this in the future as well. I think teams in the red should submit some sort of plan of how they will get out of the red to the league. That way we know they are active rather than sitting on their hands and letting the problem escalate to a much worse situation.

I offered to buy one of HB specs, well before he was even in the red, I could have sent him 10 mil or so, and I told him get back to me, he never did, he never cared. I'm sorry but that is ridiculous to allow him or others to "get out of jail free card." Outahere allows it, but ONLY for new GM's to have ONE when they take over a new team. But they don't for a GM, while they get in a mess of their own. I agree big time with Peter on this one. Teams need to take responsibility and know how not to be 24 mil in the damn red, that is atrocious. I am not for this AT ALL. This team will be in the clear when you don't let them sign any FA except for league min, and let all their FA's be released. They will during the year, trade guys for cash and get out of the damn red themselves. Make THEM get out of the red themselves, don't hold their damn hand and help them. They got themselves in this mess, let them get out by themselves too or find a responsible GM that will.

Rocky, I can understand where you are coming from. I do agree that a lot of this situation falls on the shoulders of the individuals themselves. From my perspective, I understand that people make mistakes and I don't mind finding ways to help others out, after all this is just a game.

your right, this is just a game, which I like for. I understand you wanna help them out, but it just isn't fair for others that have payed attention to their budgets and know what to do. There is no excuse for HB not to at least attempt to get back to me about me buying one of his specs, he never attempted too, and that was before he got in the red, I even told him dude you gonna be getting in the red soon, he just acted like he didn't care. That is just my take on this. He will get out of the red soon enough, if it hurts him in offseason, and he has to trade guys, then so be it. I ask that we let HB get out of the red himself, cause it is manageable even if he is 30 mil in red at end of season.

I mentioned this to him well before he was in the red and got the same reaction. He seemed more worried about being atop the AL W and wins than having a stable franchise. Or that he didn't need to worry about it.
Oakland A's
2015-Current
(18 seasons)
1,340-1,577
74-.44-87.66
4 AL West titles
2 ALDS Series appearance
1 WS appearance
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »