• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Negative cash should equal negative results
I'm gonna agree w/ Rocky and Pete here as far as it stands HB is responsible for
Vicmar:22M P/Y
Vaio:15.8M P/Y
Torres:13M P/Y(not his contract, but he traded for him, still his problem)
D'Arnaud 10.8M P/Y

and Possibly
Blackmon:9.1M P/Y

I'll give him a pass on
Perrin, Conyers, Chisenhall, Hellickson

Which still means that 68M p/y of the contracts are his own fault. Perrins and Conyers are on that boat as well. I hate to bring it all on HB but it was piss poor money management on his part the last 2 years. Shit I had to cut severally when my budget wen from 120M to 85M in 2 years and when I found myself treading water, I had to do what was best, which was start over. If you allow him to cut ties w/ anyone I want severe compensation. It's not fair to anyone that he can run his budget up as high as 180M and not deal w/ the ramifications b/c we all assume that he was left like this via Scotty(correct?!)

Now I personally offered to take on 30+M in salary from him this off season, which includes Hellickson's terrible terrible contract, the player he's been trying to dump off in Blackmon....for the compensation of Conyers(who can be seeing 20M soon and probably 25M via agent) Obviously I'd trade w/ him for Conyers but these are the type of deals he'll have to make, low ball offers for some guys in order to move their contracts so that he can at least keep the team and stay here.

If we are smart GM's we'll let him run the mariner's into the ground over the next 2-3 seasons, but as compassionate people we want to help him stay away from that and keep any future GM(b/c of this) b/c he can be close to 100M in debt if he goes on like this for 2 more seasons.

The only other team we MIGHT have to keep an eye on is the Yankees but they should have enough coming off the books over the next two years to offset Enrique and McDermid
Oakland A's
2015-Current
(18 seasons)
1,340-1,577
74-.44-87.66
4 AL West titles
2 ALDS Series appearance
1 WS appearance
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »