• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White Sox
Oh, and one more quick thing:

Talk to anyone who has been an admin - rocky, Vert, nwu, Hokey, matty, Leb, etc - and they'll tell you veto situations are always shitty for an admin. You have 5 guys that never think any trade should happen, 5 that think every trade should happen, 5 that rally around their buddy one way or the other, etc. And you have to weave your way through all that nonsense to do what's best for the league. It's a no-win situation every time.

And we don't veto often, only when new or suspect GM work is being done. By and large, if you've been here awhile and your'e trading with someone else that has also been here awhile - it goes through no questions asked. This is a policy I prefer and one I think works best. Even then though, I have some people that push against it. So know that any admin you work with deals with a LOT of private conversations to defuse situations and complaints about many things, but trades most of all.

And if you post something you even suspect might get vetoed know that here some things that will automatically come with it:

a) Your peers will judge you. If you are the ripper - they will develop a reputation about you, mock you, and it may hurt your ability to make moves. If you are the rippee - you will be targeted by vultures and you will hurt your ability to be competitive.

b) Mods, when they weigh in, basically have no choice but to comment on the nature of the deal which will (directly or indirectly) cast value on your players and change league perception.

c) It will create a shitstorm. Always. Always. Always. For the reasons listed above.

So just check with an admin or someone whose opinion you trust if you're not sure. You'll save yourself a ton of hassle and the league will be better for it.
World Champion 2018, 2021, 2026, 2030, 2035, 2037, 2039
AL Champion 12 times
FCM Best Record-Holder - 121-41 2028
Overall Record: 3530-1978 .641%
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »