The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error_callback

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White Sox
Clypse has been fired from the White Sox, let me be clear why:

1) The other day the Cincy/CHW was posted. Prior to that I was contacted on XAT about the deal. I reached out to Peter and Matty about the trade and both thought it deserved a veto. I PC'd Clypse and asked him not to post the trade because every obvious veto becomes a shit-storm. There are always a handful of people that argue for the sake of arguing, creates a bunch of BS, and generally is a huge headache for me. So asked it not to be posted. He posted it anyway.

2) This apparently was a huge problem because my explanation made his players have no value and ruined his ability to GM. A problem, I pointed out, could have been avoided if he had done as I asked.

3) The veto has less to do with Clypse as it does with concerns about the way in which it went down. Woolland was not shopped, finances could have been taken care of with draft pick sales, and the value was terrible. Had this deal happened between any two established GMs...like always...it likely would have gone straight through. That isn't the case in this instance.

4) I heard from a good portion of you that you supported the veto, however I was told by Clypse that "most" of the league says something different. In fact, I was told "most" of the league believes I am a cheater, a dictator, and that I do whatever I want.

Only a few "yes men" that say whatever I want are the ones that matter.

He accused me of making his players drop.

He accused me of helping Peter, GB, and others stay on top.

He accused me of purposefully keeping some GMs down.

He accused me of caring only about myself and pretending to care about the league.

He said he posted the bad trade as a negotiation tactic and that I was wrong to be upset and being too dramatic about it.

He purposely posted a terrible deal with Mike to piss me off.

And, the straw that broke the camel's back, he basically said I do this because I love it so I shouldn't complain when people waste my time and create drama because that's what I signed up for.

So...yeah. If he starts talking shit elsewhere...I wanted it all crystal clear here. After the first trade he came to me and said he was sorry and emotional and I accepted the apology. I moved on and was prepared to put it behind me. Then this deal tonight and the string of stupid claims above and that's it for me. He was being a bitch and I made no effort to hide how I felt about that, but it was totally unnecessary. Things could've been done after the veto. They could've been done before that if he had just listened to me when I begged him not to post it.

This is only the second GM I've fired. I hate doing it, tried not to, but at some point....I'm just not getting paid enough to put up with it.

Just wanted it out there. See all you "yes men" at the draft....
World Champion 2018, 2021, 2026, 2030, 2035, 2037, 2039
AL Champion 12 times
FCM Best Record-Holder - 121-41 2028
Overall Record: 3530-1978 .641%
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »