• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CIN/OAK
:CIN: receives:

3B Mark Reynolds 84

:OAK: receives:

$4.5M cash

accept, add another bat to help in case of injuries.
This trade might fall under the sign and trade rule, but in my argument, Reynolds has hit FA twice since I've had him and both times given back to me b/c of my accepting his fallback offer AND not one other team posting a bid on him during Off-season FA... that's my argument.

Anyway if it is allowed than I agree. Reynolds is a good guy to have on the team, but this allows me to dump 6M AND gain another 4.5M. It will help me bring back the 4 or so guys from this season that could use/need long term contracts like Lehman or Bumgarner.

AND if this trade does hit the sign and trade than let it be known that I'm aware and I guess veto it.
I'll need someone else to rule on this - in terms of talent I approve.
(12-21-2010, 07:04 PM)Cdawg Wrote: This trade might fall under the sign and trade rule, but in my argument, Reynolds has hit FA twice since I've had him and both times given back to me b/c of my accepting his fallback offer AND not one other team posting a bid on him during Off-season FA... that's my argument.

Anyway if it is allowed than I agree. Reynolds is a good guy to have on the team, but this allows me to dump 6M AND gain another 4.5M. It will help me bring back the 4 or so guys from this season that could use/need long term contracts like Lehman or Bumgarner.

AND if this trade does hit the sign and trade than let it be known that I'm aware and I guess veto it.

Last year I got a deal with Adrian Gonzalez approved just before Sim 1 after an off-season in which he was forced to accept my fallback offer after no one wanted to sign him in FA.
approve/done. Fallback is different to sign and trade and obviously his intent was something resembling a return or he doesn't offer compensation twice.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »