• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PHI/CIN
:CIN: sends:
Luis Portillo C 78 78 $520K Arb'19
Jamie Garcia SP 74 78 $520K Arb'18
Matthew Grey RP 52 79 $19,500 Arb'19

:PHI: sends:
$9M cash

I'm doing JPS a favor right here. I will expect one in the future when the opportunity presents itself.
Eh, Portillo is a solid backup, Gutierrez has had his moments, and Gray may become something. PR could end up with the better end of this deal.

Need the cash though.
(02-01-2011, 01:58 AM)jps93 Wrote: Eh, Portillo is a solid backup, Gutierrez has had his moments, and Gray may become something. PR could end up with the better end of this deal.

Need the cash though.

I could end up with the better end? The two deals we made today give your funds a real big boost while I get one sided bench players and a spec who isn't even rookie ball material.
Um...I may have to defer to an admin here but "doing a favor" seems like a bad trade rationale and very unrealistic.
haha yeah I was afraid of that. If things don't go according to plan we can rework.
(02-01-2011, 11:31 AM)AndyP Wrote: Um...I may have to defer to an admin here but "doing a favor" seems like a bad trade rationale and very unrealistic.

I wasn't serious......here I actually get a good defensive catcher who can hit lefties and righties fairly decent and I also get a sleeper spec who I believe will turn into a solid RP. Not to mention Guiterrez is also a good candidate for bounce back. I have the cash and I'm no where near financial trouble so I don't think this is too much of a burden. Sorry for making it seem like I was trying to literally "do a favor". Forgot to mention the sarcasm in there. If JPS were to do me a "favor" it would be to leave out Ubaldo, Darnell and Longoria when the Philies play the Reds. *******THAT WAS SARCASM********
I don't mind the sarcasm PR, it is jsut the kind of deal that was easy to see both as "just a favor" and one that could make sense for you. If you have some reason behind it, easy call for me then.

Approved
favor or not - approve.
approve
approve
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »