• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drop off in player ratings
Is there a reason for sudden drop off in player overall, or does it just happen randomly?

For instance, I recently acquired Jamie Reagan. Two days ago he was a 89/89 and then when we had the two day sim all of a sudden he dropped off to 86/86.

I noticed in the league editor, under team info. Toronto has a 100 rating for farm system. Whereas Florida has a 69, does this factor into how well a prospect will prosper in that farm system?

If so, is it possible to fix this by possibly upgrading certain aspects of our team by setting up something similar to the system where we can upgrade our stadium.
With the new talent distribution feature in BBM11 it's very random. It's meant to help encourage more random production and compensate for injuries (and subsequent drops) of young players. For example I had Ryan Westmoreland whom I acquired at 76/96 or something and he was coming along nicely at 86/93 when he experienced an injury, dropped to 81/86 and peaked during the offseason at 81. Over the last two seasons he's slowly recovered that and is now an 87. I don't know if it's related but he's been productive during that period as well.

On the other side of that same coin some players will drop, seemingly randomly. I'm sure you can cite examples where production dropped before the overall and cases where there was no production drop but just a drop. The way I look at it is every player has a built in +/-3 on their overall at any given sim. Rarely do players fall victim to this without injury more than once per season but at the end of the day it's just random.

As far as the farm systems, I can't say with certainty if those values matter or not but we have equalized that aspect of the game so if those values are still having an impact the gap will continue closing every season until it's doesn't matter.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
I like the challenge. more like real life.
He peaked cause his bday was in the sim question
NYY GM (2010-2017):
791-507 (.610)
4-time ALCS Champs
2014 World Series Champs
Kay, thanks you answered my question. DJ.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »