• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Medical Staff impact?
It isn't that there needs to be a "lack of injuries" - just that at this point what purpose does it serve to have medical spending where it is if the impact of it is negligible?

In real life, medical spending is determined by injuries, not vice-versa. Mogul has it backwards.

I understand that Mogul is fickle and finally it seems like a lot of the 2k11 Mogul defenders are dropping off a bit now that they see the engine's flaws, but we shouldn't look at peaks, medical spending, talent caps, and farm spending as seperate things - they all work together. Just as in the peak thread, we can't pretend that issues are as separate as we think, our settings all interact with one another. Right now our file is killing player ratings when they get injured as a way to allow prospects to develop. Saying that's unrealistic is a major understatement.

I think, before next season, we need to take a serious look at the file. Prior to the season three clean-up the game did there wasn't much we could do, but we're past that point and we've never taken a step back to say "Ok...where are things out of whack?". We secretly did last year with injuries and we're still feeling the ripples. We need to play with some settings, tweak some things, and find a better balance then the one we have right now. I don't want things to be perfectly predictable and bland, but what we have right now is a wild crapshoot that doesn't even come close to reflecting real life on a number of levels.

My understanding was that this league wanted to be a simulation as close to real life as possible. If that's the case, we need to do more than just say the right things about fixing the file. We need to dig in, put the league on pause even if need be, and figure some of this shit out.
(11-24-2010, 03:15 PM)dejota Wrote: Additionally, injuries leading to drops is what keeps prospects developing. With a talent cap AND lack of injuries AND increased peak start we're going to create a generic, boring, predictable league. I know we all have good intentions but we have to be careful what we wish for. Mogul is a fickle beast and anything we do to adjust injuries will create a problem elsewhere imo.

Messing around with the injury setting in the past has lead to some these problems in the first place.
bump
I didn't mess with injury settings all that's been done is restoring them to default values.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »