MIL/CLE
Indians gets:

Todd McHale SP 22 $47,100 Arb '46 84/93
Ronaldo Bradia SP 22 $47,100 Arb '46 71/84
Eric Bulkeley RF 20 $23,500 Arb '46 61/79

Brewers gets:

Paul Reinhold SP 17 $23,500 Arb '46 57/93
Brock Smith SP 21 $23,500 Arb '46 58/84

I accept. Reinhold was the 5th overall pick in this past draft. I was really high on him and still am. He could have easily went number 1 overall. I won't be competing for another 4-5 years, while McHale is nice, he will likely peak a lot quicker than Reinhold. I would rather have a young stud like Reinhold to develop and be ready around same time my other good specs are ready, so they can all come up together. I also like Smith a lot, he has pretty nice vitals for a low overall guy, he may never do much, but I do like him a good bit more than Bradia and Bulkeley. Bradia and Bulkeley are solid guys, but I don't think they'll ever play for me, I have a lot of other OF specs and pitching specs that I like a lot more than them, so they are expendable.

Cleveland has nice specs ready for MLB, so they may can contend for the playoffs as early as next year. I do the trade because I think McHale and Reinhold will both be very good pitchers, but Reinhold is further away and younger which I like the most, plus I think Reinhold will be just as good as McHale in the future. This is one of those big trades that is actually a big win for both teams.
approve pending acceptance
approve
[Image: muaoma.jpg]

Sdp
2044- Present

Don't Bring sand to the Beach- GB
rocky pretty much summed it up. I have a solid group of guys coming up in the next year or two at a bunch of positions, and a front of the rotation guy was something I didn't quite have in my system to complement those pieces. Reinhold should be really good, but McHale is a guy I just couldn't pass up.

Cle
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »