• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just a thought
I had a thought, and maybe it's because I'm still relatively new here, but the only thing I'm not thrilled with in this league is how trades are handled. Not the actual trading part, or the voting on trades, but how the newly acquired players are used.

Here's what I mean:

If I make a trade for a guy today, when the next sim comes around he's in my minors because I can't actually make a trade in the game and put him on my team to be able to set my depth chart. This becomes especially troublesome for guys who make multiple trades in between one sim.

Now maybe there is a way to do it and I'm just missing something, but my idea is this: For example, with the next sim being Friday, I would propose that Thursday at 9pm, all transactions are frozen, and a new updated file is put out for use by those who have made trades or signed FA's and the like. This would allow a team to acquire a player and then be able to immediately use him. And it's not that transactions would have to be frozen really, just have a cut off. If it's not posted by 9pm then it wouldn't go into that file.

I realize that this increases the work done by those who do the sims already, and it also means the trade mods would have to vote sooner, and I understand that. I'm not saying this is something that would have to be started immediately, I just used Friday's sim as an example.

I just figured this way everyone can make a trade for a guy and then use him that sim, rather than let him sit in the minors for 15 days.
With BBM11 you input the trade yourself before you export your .team file. Set your lineup/rotation WITH the trades then when you export your .team file they'll be in there :)

If you can be on around sim time Friday we can double check that you got it down before simming so try and hang in the chat box around sim time if you can.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
lol, fair enough.
Ya and if for some reason you can't get the trade to work, you can even release the guy off the other team that you acquired and sign him. All that matters is that he is on your roster correctly on your team file. It doesn't matter for you how you get him there.

[Image: PittsburghPirates.jpg] GM  2010-2017:  572-724  .441 W%
        Best Year: 2015: 86-76 (3rd NL Cent)
Yankees GM: 2019-2022ish
Not directly on this subject but something to throw out....

I really, really don't like two week sims. If I get a guy hurt on game 2 of a sim, that's 10-12 games that my team's lineups are less than what I'd want them to be because I can't adjust them. With trades we can fix it, but I just want to throw it out there if it's possible to sim more regularly for shorter lengthened sims?

If not, and we want to sim quickly down the stretch, I'd like to propose one week sims at the end too. I just feel like it takes a ton of team control out of your hands with two week sims.

By no means a deal breaker, just something that rubs me the wrong way every now and then.
^true, but one week sims are pointless.
I'd love one week sims but only if we kept the same sim schedule. So now seasons would take 2 months instead of one.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »